Sunday, January 10, 2010

upcoming Show Preview

I finally updated my Upcoming Shows Page ~ spring show announcements are starting to trickle in from around the area...please post any that I've missed in the comment section or e-mail kyblueline@gmail.com.

Among the particulars I'm looking forward to in the area:
  • The NEC with Jovantaes at Al's Bar - Saturday January 30. Seriously awesome garage psych.
  • Mountains; Tape at Al's Bar on Thursday, February 4. Minimal acoustic ambience from New York (Mountains) and Sweden (Tape). Really gorgeous stuff (I am especially partial to Tape) - give it a listen.
  • RJD2 at The Southgate House (Sat., Feb 6) and Headliner's (Sun.,Feb 7). Nasty DJ beats. His performance at the Dame a few years back was quite a memorable evening.
  • Kurt Vile at Southgate House on Monday, February 15. One of the best lo-fi songwriters I've seen. His album Childish Prodigy definitely made the 2009's Year's Best List I never published. Maybe I'll do that before 2010 passes me by. (Note: Vile has rather strangely paired with experimental/hardcore group Fucked Up, who released an 18-minute song a few years back that I loved called Year of the Pig, on this tour; it appears Fucked Up is headlining so be sure to get there early!)
  • Hair Police and Cold Cave at Al's Bar on February 28. Enough said.
  • Awesome Color with Tyvek at Al's Bar, Wednesday, March 24. Lo-fi noise-punk with a psychedelic edge.
  • Mission of Burma at Southgate House on Wednesday, April 7. Art punk of the highest caliber.
  • The Black Lips at Headliner's on Thursday, April 8. Atlanta flower-punk . They might be assholes in real life but they put on a badass live show.
  • Acid Mother's Temple at Cosmic Charlie's on Wednesday, April 16. Japanese psychedelic/noise freak-fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment