Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Things, and stuff

You may or may not have noticed that I'm not a huge fan of reviewing shows. But I love it when other people are, so I'm going to direct y'all to Mr. Walter Tunis' review of last night's Neko Case show - I was there, but I couldn't have put it better myself.

As for my review of Pitchfork, which I attended this past weekend, I will go so far as to say that Jesus Lizard completely slayed, as did Black Lips. Other highlights of the weekend include Wavves (they reallllly need to team up with The NEC from Atlanta and play a Lexington show, I have decided; does someone want to make this happen for me?); Flaming Lips (um, no-brainer - Wayne came out in a huge clear bubble and starting rolling around on top of the crowd); Grizzly Bear, who sounded really great and actually rocked out more than I thought they would (although their neglect of playing songs from Horn of Plenty, probably my favorite album of theirs, was slightly disappointing. Can I get a "Deep Sea Diver" some day???); and the middle-of-nowhere warehouse after-party we went to, BitchPork, which featured shows by Times New Viking and G'an.

P.S. Stay tuned to Blueline for some very exciting, very soon announcements about the upcoming WRFL festival, October 9-11....oh, and go ahead and make arrangements to be there, 'cause it's gonna rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment